About our society
In 2015, the Institute for Reconstructive Sciences in Medicine (iRSM) conducted an initiative to address their Waitlist process. Part of this process involved seeking patient feedback. A key component of that feedback noted that support for Head and Neck Cancer patients would benefit from improvement.
The Head and Neck Cancer Support Society is the result of sustained efforts of Dr. Suresh Nayar and a small but dedicated group of head and neck cancer patients who began collaboration in 2016.
In July 2018, the Head and Neck Cancer Support Society officially received its registered Society status.
Our Board Members
Position Temporarily Vacant
- March – April – iRSM Waitlist initiative Focus Group Task Force meetings.
- April – Waitlist initiative Focus Group Summary Report which identified need for a support group.
- November – first meeting called by Dr Suresh Nayar and formation of iRSM Patient Advisory Team
- Monthly meetings to discuss way forward in establishing patient support group
- Ping Mason-Lai, SPOR patient engagement platform facilitator brought in to help facilitate understanding of what support services is required.
- Patient survey carried out to ascertain need for support and data collected.
- Patient survey completed and data compiled.
- Applied for recognition as a registered society in the province of Alberta
- Board of Directors appointed
- July – Received confirmation as a registered society in Alberta
Head and Neck Cancer Support Society
P.O. Box 4773 Edmonton, Alberta T6E5G6
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.